Office 365 is one of the most popular office suites on the market, and has been available on mobile devices for a while. This means that users have access to software titles like Word, OneNote, Excel, and PowerPoint from wherever they are. Understanding that this isn’t really a trend, but a sustained new way that people were going to access their Office 365 resources, Microsoft has created the Microsoft Office app. Today, we’ll take a look at the app and tell you how you can download it on your device.
Office 365 Mobile
Office 365 is a cloud-hosted version of Microsoft’s award-winning Office productivity suite. This provides users both a cloud version and a downloadable version of the software for multiple devices. Realizing that the future of the product is likely going to have to embrace mobility, Microsoft has been aggressively developing the software for mobile devices. For years, you could get Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive and Outlook through dedicated apps on your smartphone or tablet; and, they work well, but it could often be a cumbersome experience to receive files, find them, and access them quickly.
This is no longer the case.
In response to complaints about a lack of concrete file management, Microsoft has built the Office Mobile app for Android and iOS. This new app automatically gives the users a list of any Microsoft Office document, spreadsheet, presentation, or note. Better yet, once you tap on a file, it opens it in the corresponding application on your phone. This not only allows you to have quicker access to your resources, it also provides the following options:
- Transfer Files – Users can share files between their computers and their phones.
- Share Nearby – Using the app (and NFC), you can transfer and receive files by just being in the proximity of another user that is using the app.
- Convert Text in Images – Users can extract text from a picture or extract a table from a picture into a spreadsheet.
- More with PDFs – The Office Mobile app allows users to do much more with PDF files. They can convert documents into PDFs, sign a PDF, and use pictures to build a PDF in multiple ways.
- Scan a QR Code – You can use the Office Mobile app to scan a QR code and save it into OneNote.
The Office Mobile app also gives users options to create quick notes, use Microsoft Lens to capture information, or create new Office documents of all types.
The Office Mobile app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, and is free to download. If you already have a logged in Microsoft Office 365 account on your phone, the Office Mobile app will automatically propagate with your available information.
If you don’t already have Microsoft Office 365, and would like to talk to someone about gaining productivity and efficiency with some of the best productivity software on the market, give Vudu Consulting a call at 866.640.0557 today.